I saw this survey on Kelly’s blog and thought it was fun.
So, I thought I would share my answers today. . .
1. What’s your whole name?
Katie Elizabeth Thompson.
My maiden name was Bushnell – yup like the binoculars, nope, not related to the guy that invented them. .. or to Candace Bushnell who wrote Sex in the City. #fail. And the other thing I love is that my name is Katie – not Catherine or Kathleen. . .
2. Are you named after anyone?
I might be named after my Dad’s dog. Her name was Katy Dog. And while our names are spelled differently. . . my Grandparent’s still spell my name like the dogs. . . #fail
3. Do you have any siblings?
Yup – Jenny (on the left) is 3 1/2 years older. She is a college professor at UWEC in the religion department and my little sister, Laura (in the middle), is 6 years younger and she is an RN in Labor and Delivery.
4. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in St. Paul, MN.
5. What activities did you do in high school?
Swim team, track, and band – flute #ftw.
6. Where did you go to college?
University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Go Bluegolds. And yup, I have no idea what a “bluegold” is. . . maybe a bird?
7. What activities did you do in college?
Swim team. President of the chemistry club. #nerdalert
8. What did you study in college?
Double major in biochemistry and molecular biology with a minor in Spanish, which Scott thinks is hilarious because I can barely speak it now. . .
9. What was your first job out of college?
Right out of college, I went to medical school at Des Moines University.
From my first day of medical school with my good friend, Joe.
10. What kind of music do you like?
Country. Keith Urban or Brad Paisley or Carrie Underwood are my favs.
11. What’s one hobby that you’d like to take up?
I’d love to be good at tennis. I like to play but hate to lose.
12. What did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
It’s totally boring, but I’ve wanted to be a doctor for as long as I can remember.
13. What’s the biggest project on your to-do list right now?
Selling our current house, moving into a new house, and getting our family back under one roof.
14. Do you have any irrational fears?
Snakes. And Canadian Geese – those suckers will try to peck out your knee caps. Seriously.
15. Have you ever traveled outside the country? If so, where and when?
Mexico for study abroad in college. Costa Rica for an exchange program in high school. St. Lucia for our honeymoon.
16. When’s your next vacation and where are you going?
Las Vegas in October for a medical conference but I am taking Laura and Scott with me so it will be part vacation too. . . Planning a big family trip to Key West next winter too.
17. Do you speak any other languages?
Spanish. Scott – stop laughing.. . . see above.
18. What’s one talent that you wish you had?
I wish I could sing. But I can’t. So I don’t. You’re welcome.
19. What’s something that you wish you did more of?
Cooking/trying new recipes. I just wish it didn’t take so much time or money sometimes.. .
20. If you weren’t in your current job, what would you want to be doing?
Hmmmm professional Abby snuggler. Does that count? Or cupcake taster? That would be pretty sweet. pun intended. . . I would probably want to be a full time fitness instructor/personal trainer. I teach BODYPUMP because I love it and it would be nice to do it full time and get paid good money for it. But, thankfully, I love being a doctor and I can teach BP on nights and weekends, so it all works out.
Your turn – pick your favorite question and tell me your answer!!
Linking up with Amanda today for Thinking Out Loud!