Let’s face it, 2015, just wasn’t my year.
Trying a new job and living apart from Scott for 6 months = terrible. *that being said, I’m SO glad I did it because you never know until you try!
Lost my Dad to leukemia = heartbreaking. Life will never be the same.
But, I am ready for 2016. And I have some big goals for myself. . .
1. Have a baby. Ha! If only you could plan these things. I have no idea what God’s plan is for our family, but I would love to add another little one. Luke needs a sibling, he is going to be a great big brother some day. And hey, if a baby doesn’t work out, maybe I can convince Scott that we need to get a puppy instead.
2. Stay in the same house all year long.
No. more. moving. Thankfully, I am really loving our new little house. Scott has done an amazing job with the remodel. We are still unpacking the last of the boxes and then I’ll share some pictures of the new place with you. But after we unpack those boxes, they are staying unpacked for a good little while. This house isn’t our forever home, so unfortunately, we’ll probably be moving again in a few years, but for now, I am happy to be under one roof and making this house our home.
3. Help Mom. There are a lot of things to be done around the house and at the Lake since Dad died. It will be a full family effort to help her get everything done over the next few months, and while it is a little overwhelming to think about, I am looking forward to the family time together.
4. Family meals.
We already have meals together a few times per week, but they are just so important. I remember all the family meals growing up, the conversations around the table and just spending time together. I want Luke to have the same memories. And it’s just nice to sit down together so I want to make sure it is more of a priority this year.
5. Run more. Easy, simple, and perfect.
6. Get another exercise certification. I’m thinking either the advanced training certification for BODYPUMP or maybe getting certified in another Les Mills class. . . maybe GRIT?
7. Eat real food. I know my nutrition could be much better and so this is a big goal for me this year.
Healthy, balanced eating. Eating more of what I know I should – veggies – and less of what I really shouldn’t be – cookies. But I’m all about moderation and balance, there is always room in life for dessert.
8. Date night.
This one usually falls by the way side because Scott and I would much rather sit on the couch and watch our own TV than go out to dinner or go to a movie, but I would like to make an effort, especially with 2 Grandma’s that are more than willing to watch Luke anytime, to go out and have some fun times together.
What about you? Big goals or plans for 2016?? Linking up with Amanda for Thinking out loud!