When we were having our cookie palooza last weekend, Laura said to me “Can you believe you have an 8 month old?” My response “Nope!”
It is just crazy to even try to remember life without his smiling face. What it was like in the morning to just have to worry about getting myself ready without chasing a crawling! baby boy. And the joy I have *most* mornings when I go to his crib and see his smiling face. This last month, he has grown and changed so much. He is so interactive and busy. His personality is coming out – he will tell you what he wants and doesn’t want!
New things this month:
- Crawling! Everywhere. Into everything.
- Favorite things to ‘get into’ include: Abby’s water dish, the kitchen cupboards (especially the one with all the Tupperware), the Christmas tree (loves the bells on the bottom branches), Abby’s tail, and cords – to the laptop, fan, anything!
- Furniture surfing. He can make his way all the way around the coffee table. Nothing is safe!
- First tooth! Lots of tears with this one. No fun at all.
- Had his 3rd ear infection. Boo.
- Still loves bath time – especially likes to crawl around the tub after his toys.
- He loves eating puffs and cheerios – he could probably eat them all day long!
- getting his diaper changed
- seeing his bottle and not getting it
- running out of puffs
- generally, not getting what he wants
- getting out of the bath
Looking forward to. . .
- Baby’s 1st Christmas
- ?Walking – eventually – no rush!
- Starting to eat more of what Mom and Dad eat
- Family meals
- Looking at baby swim class at the YMCA this winter