Remember my #AugustPinterestChallenge??
Basically, I challenged myself (and anyone else who wanted to play along) to do/make 8 Pinterest pins over the month of August. Here are my 8 pins.. .
1. Easy Summer Quinoa –> I love quinoa. It’s light but filling and healthy! I didn’t follow the recipe exactly, but used it as a jumping off point for a mix of veggies with quinoa for a perfect summer side dish.
2. Potato Chip Chicken Fingers with honey mustard dipping sauce –> I think I overcooked the chicken slightly, so this wasn’t my favorite. I was also super disappointed, that the flavor of the potato chips didn’t come through more. But, it was a super quick and easy weeknight dinner. And that honey mustard dipping sauce was delicious – and made with yogurt!!
3. Dijoin brown sugar marinated steak with roasted potato coins –> I would totally make this again. We ate our steak over salads, and it had a great flavor.
4. Salted caramel blondies –> They didn’t look the prettiest, but they were delicious. I am a sucker for anything with salted caramel. I also cheated and didn’t make my own caramel but used a jar that I had hanging out in my fridge.
5. Peach cobbler scones –> These were yummy. They were kind of a lot of work. Probably took me about an hour to make them. . . I would make them again, but I would double the amount of fruit. They were very bready and I would have liked a better ratio of scone to fruit.
6. Butternut squash gnocchi –> pure deliciousness.
7. Fro Yo bars –> so so so good. I have made 2 batches already and am loving these for my morning summer breakfasts. Quick, easy, and customizable for your favorite ingredients. Check out my version here.
8. And #fail. I didn’t do 8. . .but I thought that 7 was pretty good! But I do have 3 pinterest recipes coming up over the next week. . . Cheeseburger casserole, baked popcorn chicken, and slow cooker pineapple glazed chicken. Don’t worry, I’ll report back and let you know how they turn out!!
Overall, it was a pretty good month. . . I tried some new things and used my Pinterest boards!! And I found a few new favorites.
Did you participate in the #AugustPinterestChallenge? Leave your recap link in the comments section!!
Any recent awesome Pinterest finds to share??
Please email me at email@example.com. If I don’t hear from the winners within 48 hours, I’ll pick someone new!