Happy 1 year blog-versary to my good blend, Becky!! In honor of her 1 year blog-versary, Erica and Katie put together a fun virtual blog potluck where everyone makes and posts one of Becky’s awesome recipes!! Since she gave me her leftover jar of Nutella at HLS. . .
I thought it was only right to make some of her yummy banana bread – nutella cookies!! Banana bread + nutella + cookies = deliciousness.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugars, bananas, egg and butter.
4. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and then stir in oats.
5. Plop spoonfuls of Nutella into batter and swirl with spoon (you don’t want to completely mix the Nutella – this would remove the swirl effect!).
6. Spoon batter onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges of the cookies slightly browned.
7. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
PS: Don’t get lazy and think you can make these into mini muffins instead of cookies. . . #majorfail . . . but thankfully, still delicious.