I hope everyone had a great Christmas yesterday and you were able to spend time celebrating with your loved ones! We had a great day and I can’t wait to share all the details. But, I need to share this recipe with you first. . . it is life changing. So so so good. So easy. The perfect dish to whip up for a lazy Saturday morning or brunch with the family or dinner any night of the week.
Cinnamon roll pieces baked with eggs and vanilla and smothered in cinnamon roll glaze. Are you drooling yet?
It is fluffy and sweet and filling and the perfect bite. The cinnamon rolls are thick and chewy, the eggs mixed with heavy cream (no one said this was a healthy dish!) and vanilla hold it all together. The pecans add a beautiful crunch. The maple syrup and cinnamon roll drizzle bring it all together.
I made this for dinner last week and Scott and I ate it for leftovers for the next 3 nights. . . so good! Perfect paired with some fresh fruit and a big glass of orange juice! Enjoy!!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast – Recipe adapted from Oh my Sugar High.
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup maple syrup
Icing from cinnamon rolls
1. Melt butter and pour on ungreased 13×9 inch glass dish.
2. Take dough out of cans and cut each into 8ish pieces. Add to buttered baking dish.
3. Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add cream, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until well blended.
4. Pour over cut pieces of cinnamon roll pieces.
5. Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle syrup over the top.
6. Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. EAT! Holy yum.