The comparison trap.
Does anyone else ever struggle with that?
I usually don’t . . . but for whatever reason, I struggled last week.
I think it is especially hard in the blog world sometimes to not compare yourself to other bloggers, especially those you look up to or admire. To not think, well if she ran this far, so can I or wow, she seems so excited about that race, maybe I should be doing more races. Oh that dinner looks really good, my leftovers are totally lame. Gosh, that blog is awesome, I wish mine looked like that. Look at how many commenter’s she had, man, I’m jealous. . . and the list can go on and on and on.
But, the important part is to recognize it and stop it.
And then, turn it around to think about all the awesome things in your own life.
To remember that you can’t truly compare yourself to anyone else. No one else has the exact same situation/life/body/food in the fridge as you.
So, last week, I started thinking about all the things I am happy about in my life. And in no particular order. . .
1. I have a job that I love. I get to take care of people and make people’s lives better, every day.
2. I generally get to be home on Fridays to hang out with Luke and be a stay at home Mom for one day per week.
3. I have a loving husband and an adorable son and a silly puppy dog.
4. I have a great home. And the opportunity to build an awesome house.
5. I am a good runner and I love to run.. . whether I am training for LIFE or my next half marathon.
6. I love teaching aerobics and BODYPUMP. More than I ever thought I would!
7. We eat pretty good and healthy dinners most nights. And thanks to Pinterest, I always have good inspiration for cooking. And I have a husband who appreciates my cooking and baking.
8. I am rocking out my grocery challenge.
9. I have time to keep up with Running4Cupcakes and share my life with all of you. BTW thanks for reading.
What are you happy about right now???