So I made this recipe during the crockpot challenge, but never had a chance to tell you about it. It is so delicious and in typical crockpot meal fashion – super easy! It has been a long time since I have made something, that after I made it, I thought “When can I go to the store to buy more ingredients to make it again?” It was that good!
It is thick and hearty, perfect for a god MN winter night. Eaten with a spoon or some thick tortilla chips. I served mine with a thick slice of cornbread with honey butter.
I got the original recipe is from Six Sister’s Stuff and you can find it here. But I made some of my own tweaks. . . and thought it turned out pretty flippin’ fantastic! The Rotel can be pretty spicy so if you want to tone down the spice, just sub in a can of regular diced tomatoes.
1 can corn, undrained
2 cans Rotel (tomatoes & gr. chiles), undrained
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 Tbl. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 lb chicken breasts
1. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Combine corn, Rotel, ranch seasoning, cumin, chili powder and onion powder and pour over chicken.
3. Place stick of cream cheese on top.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Stir cream cheese into chili.
6. Use 2 forks and shred the chicken.
7. Stir together and serve.