So, I have professed my love for Cub Foods before, right?
It is the main grocery store that I do my shopping at and it helps that they send awesome coupons in the mail.
I don’t think I would have conquered my grocery challenge, if I didn’t shop at Cub Foods.
I don’t think I have ever talked about how awesome their store brand – Essential Everyday – is. .. I tend to buy the store brand when I can, because it is usually quite a bit cheaper. I was shopping at Cub on Saturday and bought oats (to make some chia peanut butter power bars) and Essential Everyday oats were $1 cheaper than the other brands. I don’t know about you, but that is a BIG deal for my grocery budget.
And so, when Cub Foods contacted me to do a recipe review for Superbowl Sunday and host a giveaway. .. I couldn’t respond fast enough.
And you guys, this recipe is awesome. And easy. And delicious. And cheesy.
So awesome, in fact, that I took it to a Super bowl party AND made it again the next night to go with leftover chili.
Now, there is nothing too healthy about this recipe –> but it’s all about moderation. . . yup, I know, moderation does not mean eat 2 days in a row. .. but at the Super bowl party, I had to share.
One more fun fact about Cub Foods, kids get a free cookie. . . it’s a win-win. . . a cookie buys me about 1/2 the store of shopping silence and makes the grocery store a much more enjoyable experience for both of us!
Cub Foods Bloomin’ Garlic Cheese Bread
- 1 (16 ounce) unsliced loaf sourdough bread (I used Rosemary and Olive Oil bread)
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package Essential Everyday Fancy Shredded Cheddar Melt Blend Cheese
- Cut loaf of bread lengthwise and then widthwise without cutting through to the bottom crust, creating 1-inch squares. Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, parsley and garlic; salt and pepper to taste. Generously brush butter mixture all over inside and outside of bread. Insert cheese between cuts in bread.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350°F oven 15 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Looks amazing, right?
Ok, now that you are drooling all over your keyboard, are you excited for an awesome giveaway?
Cub Foods (AKA the most awesome grocery store ever) has offered to give 2 (two!) lucky R4C readers $20 in Cub Foods gift cards!! Amazing, right?
**Gift cards are good at: Albertsons, Hornbacher’s, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shoppers, Shop’n Save, Cub, Shaws Star, Farm Fresh and Acme**
There are 2 ways to enter. Please make sure to leave a separate comment below for each entry.
–> leave a comment below telling me what you would spend your money on at Cub Foods.
–> Tweet the following with a link back to this post: I want to win an @cubfoods gift card from @runs4cupcakes *insert link*
The contest closes at midnight on February 12th and I’ll announce the winners shortly after. If I don’t hear from the winners within 48 hours, I’ll pick someone new.