Frozen yogurt. For breakfast. And mini chocolate chips. Yes, please! I have already made these a few times this summer. They are the perfect cool summer breakfast. I usually eat in the car on the way to work, so I am always looking for healthy, portable, and easy to make at home, like my chia peanut butter power bars and now these fro yo breakfast bars! I make them pretty thick so that they will take a while to thaw. It takes me about 15 minutes to get Luke to daycare, so in about 20 minutes, I am ready for breakfast. And they are still firm, not falling apart and the perfect consistency. I travel with them in Ziploc baggies because as they melt, they can get a bit messy, but totally doable in the car on the way to work!
And they are super easy to make. And you can customize them based on your tastes or what you have in the pantry. I basically made a hybrid between Becky and Lindsay’s recipes. . . My recipe has some extra granola, because I find that helps them stick together. And chia seeds – cause I love them! And chocolate chips. . . mini ones are so darn cute and the perfect addition of sweetness to these bars. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups Chobani greek yogurt (I used 1 c 2% plain, 1 c vanilla)
- 1 c chopped fruit (I used strawberries & blueberries)
- 1 1/2 c granola (I used the store brand oats and almonds)
- 1/4 c mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried craisins
- 2 T chia seeds
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Line a pan with press ‘n seal.
- Spread yogurt mixture into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until frozen.
- Remove from freezer, let thaw for 5 minutes, cut into bars.
- Store in an Ziploc bags in the freezer
- Let thaw about 10-15 minutes and enjoy.