never almost never goes back for seconds. He eats dinner. Thanks me for making said dinner. Then, waits 2 seconds, and asks what is for dessert (his real love and the reason he runs – see why we are totally made for each other?). But the other night, I made a new recipe – balsamic chicken. And he wasn’t even done with his first serving before he was back in the kitchen for more. He told me three (three!) times what a good dinner this was. . . And then waited 2 seconds and asked what was for dessert – cause hey, some things never change! lol.
And even more support of how wonderful this recipe was – the next night – he asked if he could have it as leftovers. . . as much as he doesn’t eat seconds… I usually have to trick him into eating leftovers!
The recipe is from SkinnyCrockPot.
And for me – soooo easy to make. Throw all ingredients into the crockpot and cook for 4 hours. Serve over cooked pasta. Sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Done.
Chunks of tomatoes, balsamic softened onions, chicken so tender from cooking in the tomato/balsamic liquid you can shred it with a fork along with a beautiful sauce that goes perfectly with pasta.
Next time: must serve with garlic bread to soak up that awesome sauce!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t each dried oregano, basil, rosemary
- 1/2 t thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
1. Pour olive oil on bottom of slow cocker
2. Add chicken breasts and salt and pepper each breast
3. Put sliced onion on top of chicken
4. Add dried herbs and garlic cloves
5. Pour in vinegar
6. Top with tomatoes
7. Cook on high 4 hours
8. Serve over pasta and top with cheese