So, a few weeks ago, I made these amazing bars from Averie Cooks.
In her post, she encourages you to use whatever ingredients you have leftover in your pantry. .. so even though her Oreo/m and m bars looked amazing. . .
I check out my pantry and found half of a bag of caramel bits, 1/4 bag walnut pieces and some mini marshmallows.
And you guys.. . this recipe is amazing and so easy. One mixing bowl. About 5 minutes to mix together and put in the oven. Super quick.
My new favorite go-to dessert.
And no running to the grocery store for ingredients – just use what you have!! These bars were seriously amazing. I didn’t have too high of expectations given the randomness of the ingredients that I used but Scott and I ate an entire 8×8 pan in 2 days!
The possibilities of this recipe are endless!! I am already searching my pantry for more leftover ingredients. I think my next creation will be “s’mores” – graham cracker pieces, mini chocolate chips and marshmallows. . . or I have some pretzel pieces and white chocolate chips that I think would be perfect for that salty sweet combo. So, seriously, go and make these and report back with what pantry ingredients you used! Have fun!!
Loaded Blondie Bars
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 T vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 bag caramel bits (about 3/4 cup)
1/3 cup walnut pieces
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
**or whatever you have in your pantry!!
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8×8 pan with baking spray.
- Melt butter. Let cool.
- Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the caramel bits, walnut pieces, and mini marshmallows.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until done based on add-ins used. Top should be set and edges slightly firm. A toothpick should come out clean. *bake for longer than you think!
I am linking up with Peas & Crayons for What I Ate Wednesday again this week!!