I made the most yummy bars.
And bonus points because they were super easy and no bake!
Rich and gooey. Peanut butter and marshmallows. Yes and yes.
Seriously, you must make these this weekend.
I used corn chex cereal because I had it on hand. . but you can use any cereal – rice krispies, special K, cheerios, etc. And most of the ingredients are usually in my pantry. ..
I think this recipe will be a go-to staple in the future. Hope you enjoy!
Marshmallow peanut butter cereal bars
(Recipe slightly adapted from Averie Cooks)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
4 cups Chex cereal (I used corn, but you could use rice too)
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter, corn syrup, sugars, and heat for 1 minute to melt.
3. Stop and stir.
4. Return bowl to microwave and heat for 1 more minute.
5. Stir in the cereal and marshmallows.
6. Return bowl to microwave and heat for 30 more seconds.
7. Put mixture in pan and pack it down with your spatula.
8. Place in fridge for about an hour to chill.
9. Cut into squares.