So, these are the cookies I teased you all with last weekend.
I probably ate my body weight in them last week. Yup, they are that good.
Chewy, thin, the perfect balance of oatmeal and chocolate chips.
Whenever I want oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, this is my go- to recipe. And one that I have used for-ev-er. I remember mixing these up as a little girl with my Mom for my Dad who l.o.v.e.d them. Hmmmm I probably should have saved a few for him. Oh well, they are so easy to make and come together super quick, I can make another batch. Luke loves using the mixer and would love to make some more. . . he also loved that I have the recipe written down from my parent’s house on Cookie Monster paper.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 t vanilla
1 T milk
1 cup flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 cup oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar together
3. Add egg, vanilla and milk.
4. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add oats.
6. Add chocolate chips.
7. Bake on greased cookie sheet for about 8-10 minutes. Make sure to under cook them, like this. . . a little brown around the edges but the middles still look doughy.
They will continue baking on the cookie sheet after you pull them out of the oven.
8. Let rest on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes, until they look like this. . .
I am linking up with Peas & Crayons for What I Ate Wednesday this week!