Are you all ready for THE best thing to do with a can of pumpkin??? These bars will knock your socks off. .. oh. my. goodness. deliciousness. . . seriously.
I got the original recipe from my cousin, Michelle, along with this awesome pampered chef pan for a wedding shower present. I make these bars every year and they are amazing. The pumpkin bar is thick and fluffy, with just a hint of pumpkin. . . paired perfectly with the hint of cinnamon. And then you put this delicious, thick and sweet frosting. I was going to make the standard cream cheese frosting, but then I saw this on Greens & Chocolate and knew that I had to make salted caramel frosting. Best. decision. ever.
for the pumpkin bars
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
for the salted caramel cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix eggs, sugar, oil and applesauce together.
3. Add pumpkin.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
5. Pour into greased and floured 11×17 pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
7. For the frosting, mix together cream cheese and butter.
8. Slowly add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time.
9. Add caramel and sea salt.
10. Spread frosting onto cooled bars.
11. Eat!! And enjoy.