I saw this survey on Becky’s blog last week and loved. Since then, I’ve seen it pop up on a few other blogs and I love reading about running favorites, so now it’s my turn. . .
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
Beach! There is just something about the sand, sun and water. . . and the drink waiting for you by the pool when you are done.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I only drink Gatorade during or after a run when it is SUPER hot out. And my favorite flavor is lemon lime. I cannot drink red Gatorade unless I am sick – that’s what we had when we were growing up whenever we got sick and I’ve had it come thru my nose more times than I’d like to remember.. . #oversharing
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
More lululemon shorts. My absolute favorite shorts to run in!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I am not a planner. Which is so strange because I am a planner in everything else. As long as I get out there for a run, I am happy.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Start uphill. Get that baby done.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Duh. BODYPUMP. I’ve also been loving cross fit workouts too.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
Loops. Less chance for having the option to cut the run short.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
invest in a good pair of shoes. My Dad taught me when I started running in junior high that it doesn’t matter what the shoes look like, as long as they are comfortable. Advice that has never failed to help me pick out the best pair of running shoes for my feet. . . not always the prettiest, but the best.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Don’t get me started on Canadian geese or the one time that Abby almost killed a wild turkey.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Ummm yup. When I was new to town in Des Moines for medical school, I thought I could make a big loop and then about halfway thru, I realized that it didn’t loop around and had to backtrack all the way. I think I ran 11 miles that day and I wasn’t planning to go anywhere near that far. And total bummer, the road did loop around, so it totally would have been shorter if I would have kept going.. .
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
Pancakes, bacon and OJ. Drool.
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
90% shorts. Capris sometimes make me feel too hot.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Around the 1 mile mark.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
My shorts pocket.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
My first marathon.
My Dad joined in from mile 11-24. I would love to relive that race, the time with my Dad, and the awesome feeling of accomplishment that comes from finishing your very first marathon.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
Anything sprinting. My least favorite WODs at cross fit are those with a 200/400/800 run. Boo.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
Summer! And getting a tan. 🙂
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
Most of the time, it’s right out of my house.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
A must. I seriously can’t run without them.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Ummm the fact that I have to get back home/to the car/Scott would never let me forget it.
Your turn – sunglasses? carpis or shorts? must have running item?
Linking up with Amanda today for Thinking Out Loud!