Any other runners out there having a hard time with figuring out what to wear in this weather?
I don’t know about you but it’s been cray cray here in MN over the past few weeks. 60s and sunny then 30s and windy. And I don’t know about you but a big factor of how successful my run is depends on how I am dressed. Too hot or worse, too cold. . . forget about it, I’m turning back early.
So, on my last run when I dressed way to warm and had sweat dripping thru my long sleeves of my thin layer coat, I figured out my top 5 tips for dressing for the weather and then promised myself to follow them. . .
See. . . I have a hard time following them because I hate being cold and that’s my first tip.
1. you should be a little chilly when you first step out the door. if you walk outside and think “hmmm this is ok” and you feel comfortable in the current weather, turn around and go back inside and take a layer off because trust me, when you start running and heating up, you’ll be happy you did.
2. that being said, my second tip is to dress in layers, so that you can be a little warmer at the start and then when you heat up, you can take the top layer off.
3. gloves + hats. so easy to put on and take off and can make a huge difference especially when it is warmer temps but still has a chilly wind.
4. Wear clothes that are adjustable. Think sleeves that can be rolled up or down, jackets zipped or unzipped.
5. Alter your running route to include loops, so you can drop off extra layers, or your hat and gloves if you need. or push your 3 year old in his stroller and use that to hold your extra layers.
Do you have any tips for running in crazy spring weather? I suppose there is always the option of moving to Florida where it is either hot or really hot.
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking out loud!