First things first – HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my husband!!
And in celebration of his birthday today, I wanted to share these sprinkle cake bars. . . one of his recent favs! I made them once and then had to make them again the next weekend for him.
You guys totally have to make these bars. They are the perfect bar to make for any occasion. I used some pink sprinkles and made them for Valentine’s Day. And then used the leftover sprinkles to make them again the next week.
But really, pink sprinkles are for everyday in my life. And super easy – all you need is 6 ingredients – cake mix, butter, egg, sprinkles, condensed milk and white chocolate chips. I have made a batch of these bars twice over the past few weeks. . . I have been trying to bring treats over to the new house every weekend for whoever is working over there. I would love to try some other variations of this recipe too –maybe instead of sprinkles and white chocolate chips, something with peanut butter or caramel – really the middle layer could be whatever combo you like! Keep me posted if you try these out with a different combo. But the original is pretty darn good too.
Sprinkle Cake Bars
Recipe inspiration from Crazy for Crust
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sprinkles, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix cake mix, butter, and egg, until well combined. Add 1/3 cup sprinkles.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup sprinkles. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Place pieces of dough over the top and pat down to cover middle layer.
- Bake bars for about 30 minutes, or until they just begin to brown.
- Let cool, then cut into squares. And enjoy!