I LOVE stir fry.
But I always forget to make it!
They are so easy and customizable for what you have on hand. . . I bet you have most of these ingredients in your pantry right now.
Don’t have the same veggies I used? No problem – just use whatever you have on hand!
But don’t even get me started on my love for both sliced water chestnuts and baby corn. <love>
Quick and easy dinner.
I put together the chicken and marinade. Let it sit in the fridge while I did the bedtime routine with Luke.
Then, came and cooked up everything in about 15 minutes.
Done. Easy. Dinner is served.
I love this marinade/sauce. Salty yet sweet, but not overpowering. And just the right amount of spice with the red pepper flakes.
Try it out, let me know what you think!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
Recipe inspiration came from here.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 T honey honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes – or more if you like it spicy!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can pineapple chunks – juice reserved
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can mini corn, drained
- 1 red pepper – diced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- **You can add any veggies you have on hand.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, juice from pineapple chunks. Add chicken to bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and put in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes (up to overnight).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and sauté for 5 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Add bell pepper and broccoli and cook until tender. Finally, add pineapple, baby corn and water chestnuts and cook until everything is hot.
- Serve over quinoa or brown rice.