Ok, so I am not sure that this even classifies for a recipe. . . but it is awesome, and that means I wouldn’t be doing my job as a blogger if I didn’t share it with you.
Super easy. Delicious. Healthy. Quick. What more can you ask for? This is the perfect weeknight dinner. I made it once a few weeks ago and again on Monday night for Laura and I while we did some crafting for Luke’s birthday party this weekend. . . well, ok. . . she crafted and I watched. Just wait until you see all the amazing things she has done for his party. She is amazing. And is going to be opening her own Etsy shop soon.
Anyway. . . this recipe rocks and you need to make it asap.
extra virgin olive oil (about 1 T)
1 lb ground meat
taco seasoning (store bought or homemade)
sweet potatoes – diced
guacamole or avocado
**any toppings you would put on a taco, you can use here too
1. reheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drizzle sweet potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Roast in oven, turning every 5-10 minutes for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
4. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, brown the ground meat (I used Jennie-O Turkey breast), add taco seasoning.
5. Layer bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, lettuce, taco meat, salsa, guacamole and cheese.
The sweet potatoes add a nice sweetness and some substance to this meal, that you might not get with just a salad or with tacos. And it is totally customizable for what toppings you put on it – perfect for the whole family – including picky eaters.
Enjoy! Bonus points if you can make it look pretty. .. it’s pretty much impossible. But what it lacks in looks, totally makes up for it in taste!